Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Final Challenge

Last night,I was watching a television show that was coming to a climax for the season. Okay,you caught me,it was one of theses unreal reality programs.

Their was something very real about this episode though. One of the elements in the program,The Biggest Loser,was what was called a Final Challenge.

The object of the show is to see which contestant can lose the most weigh,percentage wise. Each week,contestants would step on scales to weigh in. Each week they lost different amounts,because,everybody is different.

For the final challenge each contestant was to walk a golf course,carrying weighted hole flags,representing the amount of weight they had lost each week.

The walk was very strenuous,to say the least.

A thought occurred to me, how many weights do we pick up in life and never lay down?

In Matthew 11:29 Jesus said, " Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

Another way to put it is, Throw your burdens on Me. To simple?

No comments: